Playing basketball requires a lot of stamina and strength. As per different studies, by playing basketball for at least 30 minutes each day, a person can burn up to 240 to 350 calories per half hour, depending on your weight.
How many calories does the average NBA player burn?
Calories burned per game
On average, an NBA player (if you include shooting, running, dribbling, jumping, and passing) can lose between 900 and 1,000 calories per game if they play 20 minutes.
How many calories does 30 minutes of basketball burn?
Training and Sports Activities
|Training and Sports Activities|
|Basketball: playing a game||240||288|
|Bicycling: 12-13.9 mph||240||288|
|Football: touch, flag, general||240||288|
|Hockey: field & ice||240||288|
What sport burns the most calories?
Which Pro Athletes Burn the Most Calories?
- Basketball – 635 calories.
- Hockey – 700 calories.
- Baseball – 1,050 calories.
- Golf – 1,240 calories.
- Soccer – 1,350 calories.
- Tennis – 1,650 calories.
- Football – 1,760 calories.
How many calories does basketball burn per hour?
Just shooting hoops helps burn around 300 calories an hour. Playing a half court game brings it to about 558 an hour, and stepping up to a full court game will burn around 747 calories an hour.
What sport burns the most belly fat?
Top 10 Sports That Help You Shed Tons Of Fat
- 1) Swimming. Calories burned per hour: 500 to 800. …
- 2) Sprinting. Calories burned per hour: 900 to 1,500. …
- 3) Racquets. Calories burned per hour: 390 to 780. …
- 4) Soccer. Calories burned per hour: 600 to 900. …
- 5) Basketball. …
- 6) Martial Arts. …
- 7) Gymnastics. …
Which game burns the most calories?
The best exercise is the one you enjoy enough to get up and do regularly.
- A game of basketball | 728 calories/hour. …
- Flag football | 728 calories/hour. …
- Tennis, singles | 728 calories/hour. …
- Vigorous swimming | 892 calories/hour. …
- Taekwondo | 937 calories/hour. …
- Soccer | 937 calories/hour. …
- Running, 8 mph | 1,074 calories/hour.
How can I burn 1000 calories a day?
And if you eat fewer calories and burn more calories through physical activity, you lose weight. In general, if you cut 500 to 1,000 calories a day from your typical diet, you’ll lose about 1 pound (0.5 kilogram) a week. It sounds simple.
How can I burn 500 calories a day?
Brisk walking at a pace of 4 MPH for 90 minutes will burn 500 calories. When at work take just 20 minutes during lunch to briskly walk around outside while running errands or catching up on your phone calls; you’ll not only burn 81 calories with each 10 minute task, but you’ll also benefit from the fresh air.
How can I burn 2000 calories a day?
If you are an athlete wondering how to burn 2000 calories a day -or an average person looking to see how far you can push your body-, some recommended workouts that could help you achieve this goal include jumping rope, swimming, Zumba dance classes, aerobics (including water aerobics), cycling, HIIT and more.
What sport is the hardest?
|Degree of Difficulty: Sport Rankings|
Which sport is best for weight loss?
- Swimming (Breaststroke): 458 calories per 30 active minutes. …
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training): 444 calories per 30 active minutes. …
- Running: 394 calories per 30 active minutes. …
- Rock Climbing: 320 calories per 30 active minutes. …
- Flag Football: 345 calories per 30 active minutes.
How many calories does an average person burn a day?
The average person burns around 1800 calories a day doing absolutely nothing. According to the Healthy Eating Guide, sitting burns an estimated 75 calories per hour. A sedentary woman aged 19 to 30 burns 1,800 to 2,000 calories daily, while a sedentary woman aged 31 to 51 burns about 1,800 calories per day.
How many calories do u burn a day doing nothing?
The amount of calories burned increases according to body weight. So, a person who weighs 150 pounds might burn 46 calories an hour or between 322 and 414 calories a night. And a person who weighs 185 pounds might burn around 56 calories or between 392 and 504 calories for a full night of sleep.
How do I calculate how many calories I burn a day?
Calculating daily calorie burn
- For men: 66 + (6.2 x weight) + (12.7 x height) – (6.76 x age)
- For women: 655.1 + (4.35 x weight) + (4.7 x height) – (4.7 x age)
How many calories does two hours of basketball burn?
Estimated calories burned per hour for a person of your approximate weight:
|Bicycling, stationary: moderate||504|
|Bicycling, stationary: vigorous||756|