Endocrinologists, who are specialists in hormones and metabolism, can help assess the cause of your obesity and the possible complications. They also can direct how you should be treated and prescribe and monitor your medications. Don’t expect overnight results with a weight loss plan. There are no quick fixes.
What can an endocrinologist prescribe for weight loss?
Four weight-loss drugs have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for long-term use:
- Bupropion-naltrexone (Contrave)
- Liraglutide (Saxenda)
- Orlistat (Xenical)
- Phentermine-topiramate (Qsymia)
What does an endocrinologist do on the first visit?
When you first visit, the endocrinologist will ask you a series of questions to learn more about your symptoms, health habits, other medical conditions, medications, and family history of hormone-related problems. They will consult with your referring doctor and review your medical records.
How does the endocrine system affect weight loss?
Being underweight can disrupt hormones, making it hard for you to get the nutrients you need. Similarly, people with hormone imbalances may find it harder to lose weight and decrease fat. Disrupted hormones make it easier to gain weight and fat and harder to lose it, as well as affecting where fat tends to accumulate.
Can you see an endocrinologist for weight loss?
Endocrine specialists at the Weight Management Clinic, part of the Comprehensive Weight Loss Center, work with patients to develop individualized treatment plans. This includes: Treating secondary causes of obesity, if present. Diagnosing and treating complications of obesity, such as diabetes.
What is the strongest weight loss pill?
Phentermine-Topiramate extended release (Qsymia) is the most effective weight loss drug available to date.
What is the best pill to lose weight fast?
Top Five Weight Loss Pills in 2021
- Leanbean – Best Weight Loss Pill – Overall Winner.
- Powher – Best Weight Loss Pill for Women.
- ShredFIERCE – Best Weight Loss Pill For Men.
- Transparent Labs – Best Thermogenic.
- Alli/Orlistat – Best Medicinal Ingredient.
When should I go to an endocrinologist?
When you are facing a diagnosis of a hormonal condition, like diabetes or thyroid disease, your doctor may suggest you see an endocrinologist. You may be wondering why you need to see a specialist instead of simply sticking with your primary doctor.
What questions does an endocrinologist ask?
- Why you might see an endocrinologist. …
- Before your appointment. …
- Is my diabetes under control? …
- What do the test results mean – and what remains unknown? …
- Is my fatigue – or any other issue – actually hormone-related? …
- What are the side effects of the medications I need to take?
How do I prepare for an endocrinologist appointment?
Get a notebook and prepare a list of information to give to your doctor:
- Write down all of the symptoms that you’re experiencing, even if they don’t seem related to diabetes. …
- Write down your blood sugar values.
- Make a list of important changes that have occurred in your life recently.
What is the female fat burning hormone?
Meet Leptin — A Hormone That Regulates Body Weight
Leptin’s primary target is in the brain — particularly an area called the hypothalamus. Leptin is supposed to tell your brain that — when you have enough fat stored — you don’t need to eat and can burn calories at a normal rate (4).
What hormone helps with weight loss?
Leptin, a related fat hormone, has been widely studied in recent years and has been shown in to produce weight loss in animals by decreasing appetite and increasing metabolism. Researchers say both fat hormones work through the same pathway in the brain to control body weight and blood sugar (glucose).
How do I get rid of hormonal belly fat?
How to get rid of a belly bulge
- Diet and exercise. Increasing your activity level and eating healthier foods and fewer calories can help you lose overall weight. …
- Medications. Some medications may help with belly bulge, including:
- Reduce stress. …
- Get more sleep. …
How do I know if I have hormonal weight gain?
Signs or symptoms of a hormonal imbalance
- weight gain.
- a hump of fat between the shoulders.
- unexplained, and sometimes sudden, weight loss.
- muscle weakness.
- muscle aches, tenderness, and stiffness.
- pain, stiffness, or swelling in your joints.
- increased or decreased heart rate.
What is the best supplement for hormonal imbalance?
Magnesium is one of the most essential minerals to help balance hormones. While you can take a supplement, and even spray your skin with magnesium spray, there’s no better way of getting the magnesium you need than from the foods you eat.
Should I see an endocrinologist for hormone imbalance?
An endocrinologist can diagnose and treat hormone problems and the complications that arise from them. Hormones regulate metabolism, respiration, growth, reproduction, sensory perception, and movement. Hormone imbalances are the underlying reason for a wide range of medical conditions.